Stewart’s Food Store has been serving Olney since 1975 when Harold and Faye Stewart bought the old Oak Street Grocery and entered the grocery business. From the small 1000 square foot corner store at Oak and Avenue F, the business grew and in 1979 Stewart’s Food Store moved to the Thrift-Tee Food Store building at 501 W. Main. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Harold and Faye and the Stewart’s employees, and especially the patronage our loyal customers, the business continued to grow and moved to 1204 W Main in 1996.The Stewart family continues to own and operate Stewart's Food Store in its current location at 1204 W. Main Street and employs 35-40 hard working local and area residents year ‘round.
We are your local community connection for high quality foods, hunting and fishing supplies, coin–op laundry, friendly service and great prices.
Our family-owned store offers a convenient one-stop shop where you can find everything you need from the everyday essentials to specialty items from around the world.
Our friendly staff is here to help you find exactly what you're looking for and to offer assistance regarding all the products we carry.
We take pride in our community and appreciate your business. Stewart's Food Store is a strong supporter of and contributor to local and area school and youth activities, civic organizations, charitable organizations, churches and businesses. We know that you have many options for food purchases and want you to know that we're working hard each day to continue to earn your business.
By shopping at our store each week, you accomplish the following ten items:
1. You keep your dollars in our local economy.
2. You help create local jobs.
3. You nurture our local community.
4. You help the environment by buying locally.
5. You invest in local ownership.
6. You create more choice in shopping.
7. You utilize the many years of our experience and expertise in food.
8. You embrace what makes us different from our larger, national competitors.
9. You make our store a destination --- and we appreciate it!
10. Every week you will find hundreds of specials throughout our store.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!
Robert and Julie Stewart
Jason and Shannon (Stewart) Pack
Will and Hannah, Ava and Caroline Stewart
Homer Molina, Store Manager
Efrain "Penny" Molina, Produce Manager
And all the Stewart's Employees